Bone Flower Botanikals - Thirteenth Moon Designs | Venus Zephyr | Shutesbury, MA
I knew then and now that I can create just about anything, from urgent napkin poems to fine art.
Today's passion is/are many I worked with leather and paint, plants and poetry, essential oils and patience. I am passionate about art in many forms.
In my music player you will find Ani Difranco and Leah and Chloe of Rising Appalachia -2 soul sisters I love dearly.
Chocolate Cake Pro or Con- Depends on the cake.
Lapis and Lime Studio | Beth Carlisle | Williamstown, MA 1) The first thing I remember making is…..you mean in life? Wow, that was a while ago…probably painting a little tiny china cup and saucer with my grandfather when I was about five. It had little forget me knots on it…quite sweet. He painted china and gave lessons to little old ladies. He always had classical music in the background and I watched him paint for hours–china or canvas…he was a dear person.
2) I knew then, that…..I was going to be like my grandfather-an artist of some stripe
3) Today’s passion is.....simply finding the most lovely beads and assembling them in a simple way that emphasizes and celebrates the color and beauty of the beads. As a graphic designer, I enjoy all types of design and especially marvel at color and how context for every element is so important. Beads are a delightful, stress free and happy obsession.
4) In my music player you will find….I mostly listen to NPR but otherwise Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, Joni and all the rest from my generation.
5) Chocolate Cake. Pro or Con? I really like a flourless chocolate cake if I am going to eat chocolate cake, which is rare. But as far as chocolate, I'm most happy with two Lindt x dark truffles and cup of Roma with milk.
Saskia Larraz Designs | New Marlborough, MA | http://www.saskialarrazdesigns.com 1.The first thing I remember making is......a necklace to cover a big scar I have on my neck....I have since learned to love the scar.
2.I knew then, that.........I wanted to make things that bring people comfort and happiness.
3.Today's passion is...........making pieces of jewelry that symbolize something for the person wearing them...things that people want to put on and wear everyday.
4. I my music player you will find .........usually playing pandora on the Be Good Tanyas station
5. Chocolate Cake. Pro or Con?.........instant headache but still can't resist.
Esmeralda Designs | Christina Bjenning | Sea Cliff, NY 1) The first thing I remember making is….. an illustrated book about the world. I was 7.
2) I knew then, that….. color-by-number was not an option anymore
3) Today’s passion is….. marvelous metals and magnificent stones
4) In my music player you will find….radiohead, debussy, gogol bordello, mina, MIA, philip glass, t-rex...
5) Chocolate Cake. Pro or Con? Is that a trick question?
Lisa Anderson Studio | Lisa Anderson |Great Barrington, MA 1. A Peace Sign necklace. My father taught me how to solder when I was around 10. I made it out of thick brass wire.
2. I wanted to have a life filled with Art and Music.
3. To combine my love for designing and making jewelry with my music career. Two wonderful things.
4. Alt J, Pearl Jam, Prince, Arcade Fire
5. I don't really eat cake. I would prefer to have dinner for dessert.
Wendy Baker Design | Wendy Baker | Providence, RI
a} I could have been making what I now know to be called "i-cord"; a knitted tube cord fabricated using a little doohickey round wooden spool tool with nails sticking out of one end, yarn and a crochet hook. b} a marble cake from scratch using the family oven, since easy bake oven mixes did not support seconds(benign neglect was big in those days. i was 5). c} a humongous mess when using silly putty to make a stretchy copy of a newspaper comic strip and a formerly white chenille bedspread.
2.I knew then that I could take stuff and make more useful stuff with it... it was very gratifying to know i had this power.
3. Today's making passions: jewelry...previously, architecture, baking, knitting, sewing...always, family: my husband, our 3 wily, funny, smart kids and a greatly beloved dog.
4.I tend only to listen to music in the car, but when working, the tv is streaming british tv shows.
5. Oh yes, absolutely yes on the chocolate cake. How could there be any doubt?